Friday, September 19, 2014

Day 12: Preparing to Launch

The one thing I know for a fact I have got to nail down before I can make any real progress forward in my business is to secure our hosting. I cannot have this monthly uncertainty of whether or not my clients are going to be able to reach me.  It's not good for business. It speaks volumes - and what it says is that I am unreliable and unlikely to be there if they need me. That has to change.  There are many things in my life that will have to change, but this is one key element of that.

Having said that, here is how he breaks down the launch sequence:
1. Pre-Launch: Lasts between 7-21 days, depending on your plan
2. Launch: Lasts 1-7 days, depending on what you do
3. Post-Launch: Indefinite

Pre-Launch

Early

During early stage pre-launch, your goal is to get people talking about the problems your product is intended to solve. You want to put out content tidbits that warm them up. Audio, video, pdf's, easy-to-consume materials that "give so much value you think you've gone too far, then give more". You do not mention the product itself at this point.  The point of this phase is to see how the audience responds to your content so that you can make any necessary changes before release day.

Late

Late in the pre-launch, a few days before you launch, you mention your product, what problems it solves, and where your audience can find it. You encourage them to sign up for launch-day notice and give them a reason to share the information with people they know it will help. You may host a contest or give-away around your product.

No comments:

Post a Comment