Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 5: Putting it together

Today's lesson for Book Yourself Solid involves taking all the pieces I've already worked to create and putting them together into a solid presentation.

1.4.1
Part I: Summarize your target market in one sentence
I help writers.

Part II: Identify and summarize their three biggest challenges
a) Lack of confidence
b) Lack of clarity
c) Lack of inspiration

Part III: List how you solve these problems and present clients with investable opportunities
a) I help them overcome their obstacles so they can achieve success.
b) I help them identify their personal message.
c) I help them find ideas that work for their personal message.

Part IV: Demonstrate the number one most relevant result you help your clients achieve
I help them finish their book.

Part V: Reveal the deeper core benefits your clients experience
My clients experience
a) The Financial benefit of a saleable product (their book)
b) The Emotional benefit of a tremendous boost to their self-confidence and a physical proof that they can finish a project even if they've failed a thousand times before
c) The Spiritual benefit of knowing that their work makes a positive difference in the lives of others
d) The Physical Benefits of stress relief with the additional income source you've provided

2.5.1 Answer the following:
a) In what areas are you currently an expert?
 - I am an expert in helping beginning writers get their first book finished.
 - I am an expert in finding time to write when you have a busy schedule

b) In what areas do you need to develop your expertise?
 - I need to develop my expertise in rewriting the fiction book
 - I need to develop my expertise in marketing books
 - I need to develop my expertise in formatting self-published books

c) What promises can you make and deliver to your target market that will position you as an expert?
 - I can promise that I can show writers how to find more time to write
 - I can promise that I can help writers finish their first book

d) What promises would you like to make and deliver to your target market but don't yet feel comfortable with?
 - I would like to promise them that I can teach them to format their books beautifully
 - I would like to promise them that I can teach them how to make their book a best seller

e) What do you need to do to become comfortable at making and delivering those promises?
 - I need to learn best practices for formatting books
 - I need to learn best practices for book marketing

2.5.2 If there was one thing you could be known for within your target market, what would it be?
- The developing writer's success counselor

2.5.3. What do you need to learn to become a category authority in the area you'd like to be known for?
 - Book formatting, book marketing, fiction rewriting

2.5.4. List the ways in which you could learn the things you identified in the preceding written exercise?
 - Book formatting: books, online tutorials
 - Book marketing: books, online tutorials, classes, mentoring programs
 - Fiction rewriting: mentoring or training programs, books, other fiction writers

2.5.5. Research and list 5 books that meet the preceding criteria
Actually, I think I'll save this for tomorrow.  I'll do the research and post the results in tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment